Amerigroup, is a subsidiary of Anthem Inc.,. Its is a health insurance and managed health care provider in United States. The Company covers 7.7 million seniors, people with disabilities, low-income families. Agerigroup is a largest provider of health care for public programs.
Short BIO and History
1) Amerigroup Founded in Dec. 9, 1994.
2) Its first name was Americaid.
3) In 1996, Americaid change their name Amerigroup.
4) Headquarters: 4425 Corporation Lane Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S.
5) Executive Vice President: Peter D. Haytaian.
6) Employees: 7,080 (2012)
7) In 2006, The Company entered 1) Medicare Advantage program, 2) serving low-income people who are eligible for both Medicare and 3) Medicaid through special needs plans.
8) In 2007, Amerigroup start the operation of traditional Medicare Advantage plans.
1) Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
2) Seniors and People with Disabilities (S/PD).
3) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
5) Medicare Advantage.
4425 Corporation Lane Virginia Beach
United States (USA)